Intellectual Property Attorney and Litigator
Lee Palmateer is a seasoned intellectual property (“IP”) attorney with professional engineering experience and a well rounded legal background that set him apart. His engineering experience gives him a practical appreciation of technology and the process of technology development. His corporate and commercial law experience allows him to provide you and your corporate attorney with adept counsel on intellectual property aspects of corporate and commercial transactions. And with his IP commercialization and litigation experience, he can help you see the real world opportunities and avoid the real world obstacles that may lie ahead for your intellectual property, and protect your rights if conflict arises.
Prior to starting the Lee Palmateer Law Office in November 2009, Lee devoted ten years of his practice to IP law with upstate New York’s largest firm exclusively dedicated to intellectual property law, handling IP matters for individual entrepreneurs, large and small corporations, universities and government agencies.
Lee earned his Juris Doctor degree from Albany Law School in 1995 and has been in private law practice since then. He earned a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Clarkson University in 1984 and joined General Electric at Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory as a Mechanical Engineer from 1984 until entering law school in 1992.
For more information on how we can help you protect and commercialize your intellectual property rights, please call the Lee Palmateer Law Office at 518-591-4636.
- Admitted to practice law in New York and Massachusetts.
- Patent Attorney – licensed to practice patent law before the United State Patent and Trademark Office.
- Litigation and Enforcement – 20+ years of intellectual property litigation in state and federal courts, including patent, copyright, trademark, unfair competition, and trade secret misappropriation matters. Lee is trained in Trial Skills and Deposition Skills by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
- Tech Transfer and IP Commercialization – countless intellectual property transactions ranging from simple Non-disclosure Agreements to very complex Joint Development Agreements and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Trademarks – hundreds of trademark applications and registrations over his career.
- IP Opinions – authored several non-infringement, clearance, and patentability opinions.
- Copyrights – provided copyright registration counsel, including copyright registrations for software and other works of authorship.
- Trade Secrets – counseled several clients regarding trade secret and proprietary information matters.
- IP-related Leadership Roles – member of Clarkson University’s Business Leadership Council, Treasurer of the Tech Valley Licensing Executive Society, and member of the Advisory Board of Clarkson University’s Entrepreneurship Center.
Memberships in professional associations:
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Greene County Bar Association
- Eastern New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association